Friday, 24 June 2011

The opening speech of glorious proportions, enough to rival Julius Caesar, no, not just rival him, enough to take him outside and give him a good old British dust up.

Hello world.
I have never done anything like this before so am unaware of the yes's and no's, the why's and wherefore's, however I'm sure general decorum is the same as in most multicultural social situations. No full frontal nudity or mention of the war.  
I decided to start a blog because I have a lot of rubbish in my head that no one I know wants to listen to, so I figured that someone out there must. Some one out there must have as much free time as me.
I finished school a few weeks ago after my summer exams and envisaged beach parties, BBQs in my garden, friends round every day, endless trips to town and ice cream induced comas. Instead, its been mainly Cash in the Attic and catching up on 8 out of 10 Cats, with some moody songs thrown in as I watch the rain pour outside and mourn the lost summer fun that should have been mine.
Still, its not all doom and gloom, I got 100% on guitar hero warrior of rock for some god awful song from a band that I have never heard of, and who therefore in my opinion should not have been classed as warriors at all, more foot soldiers or cooks.
The weather has been crazy over the past few months. I'm still peeling off the results of what falling asleep on the beach for three hours does to you from back in Easter, whilst layering up in hoodies thanks to the arctic conditions the past month has seen. Its like my body has micro climates all of its own.
As I write this to the sound of the Blondie LP floating down from our record player in the attic, I have a strange feeling of enrichment. Knowing the whole world lies before me, ready to hear my rather middle class south eastern twang, makes me feel quite excited. Not full blown nose bleed excitement, more a warm fluttering in my stomach that comes with the promise of recognition.      
A promise that will probably go up in smoky flames when it dawns on me that probably no one will want to follow a girl with a llama as her backing picture.
But until that day comes, I shall bask in the fluttering and keep writing, because at the end of the day, its this or anther four hours of Dave.
Signed CocoaKobana xx

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Brilliant first post! :) Really made me giggle. I eagerly await your next post - oh, look at me, all posh. Wow, you have a lot of nicknames...

    ReplyDelete